Friday, November 21, 2014

Restless Spirits by Kathy Bryson

(Image found on Goodreads)
“You tell me the dead are coming through a crack in my barn, but I shouldn’t worry?”-Kathy Bryson, Restless Spirits

Marilee set fire to her friend's house, accidentally. That friend also happens to be very wealthy. Fearing for her job, she finds through her mother's help another job. But what she doesn't anticipate is the hot owner or the odd occurrences. Everything is not as it seems but Marilee is determined to beat it all and show them who is boss. Find the official description on Goodreads.

Okay, so I did understand Restless Spirits just a tiny bit better after reading Feeling Lucky. That being said you can read them out of order and have things make sense, it just makes better sense when you read it in order.

I definitely could find more of myself in the two main characters of Marilee and John. Mostly because they're both clumsy or accident prone which can lead to some funny incidents-incidents that if you're like me could actually happen. Which made it that much funnier. It was an enjoyable book if only for the character relationships. The only thing I didn't like was that Marilee seemed to be a bit of a witch and her attitude sometimes threw me off of her as a character.

That being said, there is some new enemies from the previous book and it was interesting how something that I viewed as a flaw in Marilee actually served her as a strength in the end. 

It was good to see characters go through certain difficulties and work their way through them, growing as they went. It's always interesting to see character growth and well it wasn't overly noticable, it did happen.

If you enjoyed Feeling Lucky than you will certainly enjoy Restless Spirits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!