Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Perfect Game by Stephen Paul

(Image found on Goodreads)
"He'd crossed the line. And there was no turning back." -Stephen Paul, The Perfect Game


People are dying all over New York City. Nothing unusual in that. But what is unusual is that these are young people, in their twenties dying of brain aneurysms. And a young pitcher on the Yankees is suddenly playing an amazing game. Can there be a connection? And how are the people being killed? Find the official synopsis over at Goodreads.

From the very beginning this book had me hooked. The main character, Kyle Vine grabbed my attention from the very first. I found that Stephen Paul described him in such a way that I found myself sympathizing with him even as I felt that I should be saying that something was wrong there or just something against Kyle. But the way that Stephen Paul wrote him and his inner musings I found myself actually feeling that this guy was having a difficult time with what he was doing. And  I found myself getting into the killers head when chapters were written in his perspective. Just not enough that I could discover who it was.



And that was another thing. In the Perfect Game, there are these little clues that are constantly being left and just when you feel you have a bead on who did it than you're proved wrong. And then you think you've found the answer yet again, only to be told no, no you didn't. It kept me guessing and interested. I have to say that I was reading just to find out what happened, and who was behind everything?

This book is one that will keep you reading, always trying to discover who is doing the killing and more importantly how. The method of killing is certainly different and I found that interesting as well, especially because it was presented in such a way that you couldn't help but want to find out more about the method of killing and exactly how it could be possible.

I suggest this for anyone really, even if you may not be a big fan of suspenseful books. This one will be sure to keep you on your toes, always guessing. Let me know what you think of this book in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!