Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Chocolate Book Tag!

Thanks to Tina at Booklanders for tagging me! This seems like a really interesting and fun thing to do(even if I have no idea what I'm going to put down right now, haha)

Dark Chocolate: A book the covers a dark topic

Okay, so I just finished reading this. And it deals with the hopelessness that people feel but it does deal with the hope as well. But overall it's a dark book, one that isn't the happiest of reads. But it was a really good read.

White Chocolate: Your favorite humorous read

Say That to my Face (Internet Tough Guys, #1

I just reviewed this about a week ago for Booklanders! It was great. I couldn't stop laughing especially at the interactions between the two characters. If you're looking for a book to read after a sad or dark book than this is definitely what you're looking for!


Milk Chocolate: A book with a lot of hype that you're dying to read

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Okay, yes, I haven't read this yet. But in my defense I hadn't really heard of it before they started making the movie. And now I'm keeping busy with work and reviewing that I still haven't gotten a chance to read it. But I swear one day I will sit down and read this book!

Chocolate with Caramel in the Center: A book that makes you feel all gooey in the middle while reading

Significance (Significance, #1)

I was debating on whether or not to put this here or the hot chocolate tag. But then I thought "This one really makes me go awwwww." It's all about soul mates. Caleb is an ace, someone with special abilities in a family with special abilities. He meets Maggie and knows she's the one. And it's so sweet. Caleb is like the perfect guy(if occasionally too perfect) but it was an amazing book and an amazing series. I love reading this series.

Wafer Free Kit-Kat:  Name a book that surprised you recently

Whiskey Prince

Tired of hearing me talk about Toni Aleo yet? No? Well, let me continue then, haha. But I received The Whiskey Prince arc and I loved it! It was an amazing book with a  sweet guy with an Irish brogue, and  an amazing female character, Amberlynn. But what surprised me was how different it is from Toni Aleo's other series, The Assassin's Series. It was so far from that it was actually in a whole different realm. The Assassin's series is all about hockey, the men who play it and the women who fall in love with them. Not to mention they tend to tear each other's clothes off at times(the couple's I mean). But in The Whiskey Prince it's a romantic relationship that means they want to rip each other's clothes off but in this book they don't actually get to that part. It was something different and I liked that Toni did that.

Snickers: A book you are going nuts about

Blank-133x176

Laces and Lace by Toni Aleo doesn't come out till later in this year! I can't wait for this! I got to meet the characters in the anthology, Seduced by the Game and fell in love. Plus we've got to see Karson a little more as well since but still, I don't think the release date for this book can come quick enough for me!

Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows: A book you turn for a comfort read

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)

I was debating between several books for this(including some of the Harry Potter books) but I decided on Hush, Hush. Mostly because when I'm having a bad day, this book proves that the bad guys can turn into good guys and love does exist. I loved that Patch wasn't perfect and in fact was at one point he was a bad guy. It just makes me feel better about the world when I'm feeling down.

Box of Chocolate: What series/book have you read that you think has a little something for everyone in it?

Harry Potter Boxset (Harry Potter, #1-7)

I couldn't resist putting this down at least one. The Harry Potter Series is what turned me into a real serious bookworm and I love it. I still have all of the books and try to read them at least once. It's got plenty for everyone. And I know that if I ever have kids I will always read this to them because it's an amazing series.

Again, thanks to Tina for tagging me, I tag Christine from Bibliophilic Madness and Rachel at A Perfection Called Books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!