Thursday, September 18, 2014

One Funeral by Kat Bastion and Stone Bastion

(Image found on Goodreads)
"This - us - it's important to me." -Kat Bastion with Stone Bastion, One Funeral
WARNING: Not suited for younger audiences

Hannah and Cade have decided to give themselves a chance together. But Hannah isn't exactly sure she can trust in her feelings. Cade's determined they can so he moves with patience, taking it slow. But will everything slowly crumble apart of will they be able to make it through to the other side? Find the official description on Goodreads.

In One Funeral, you can find the descriptions of people and places will get really detailed. However instead of getting to the point of boredom with these descriptions, the authors add some kind of spin to them that makes them interesting or just the way Hannah sees things is interesting. I really enjoyed all of the descriptions and felt that I could see everything in my head. 

One Funeral, instead of being in Cade's perspective was from Hannah's. I was a little leery at first because I really enjoyed Cade's perspective and while I do enjoy Hannah's character I wasn't sure how I'd feel about being in her head. But I had no reason to worry. Hannah's personality was clear to see and still as great as it had been throughout her thought processes. And we were able to get a new perspective on a situation which also adds depth to it. Although I am going to say that I still love Cade even if we weren't in his head.

We also see extended metaphors at least once in One Funeral. While they were metaphors that are used quite a lot, Kat Bastion and Stone Bastion went into more depth and really created a metaphor that didn't sound overused and really sounded much more interesting, using Hannah's voice.

Throughout the book, readers are also given a look at texts between Hannah and Cade. While these can sometimes get confusing about who's sending what, both authors made sure that the reader could easily tell who was sending what. It kept things light and did not make the readers frustrated.

One Funerals is a great addition to the No  Weddings Series, and I can't wait to see more! One Funeral is set to release September 29th, and I definitely think you should grab a copy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!