Friday, January 16, 2015

Great Protector by Kathryn Le Veque

(Image found on Goodreads)

Richmond Le Bec was entrusted with the illegitimate daughter of Henry, who would become king. For 18 years he has done his duty without many problems...except in the last few years when he's fallen in love with her. Little does he know, Lady Arissa shares his feelings. But when events begin snowballing, will they be separated forever? Find the official description on Goodreads.

Okay, so I've never really gotten into audiobooks before. Mostly because I've always been able to find enough books to occupy me and I never really thought I'd enjoy them. But I was shocked to realize that I actually loved them. They make things much simpler when you're busy to read a book and the narrator can really bring the book to life.

I did enjoy the sweet romance between Richmond and Arissa while it could also get hot. But the one thing that threw me off whenever it was mentioned was the age difference. That was the one thing that sort of took away from their rather sweet romance when it was actually mentioned.

It sort of approached different conflicts before backing away a bit. But it also meant that there were several conflicts going on at once. One external, the other more so internal. Overall, it kept my attention and made things easy to follow. 

You honestly felt the character's pain and joy throughout the book. Partly from the narrator but also through the words that he was reading.

I enjoyed this audiobook and I'll definitely have to try some more audiobooks in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!