Thursday, January 29, 2015

Too Hot to Handle by Katie Rose

(Image found on Goodreads)

Nikki Case, PR Extraordinaire is not a fan of her new job. Or more specifically the sport associated with the new job her PR firm has just given her. Ever since her ex gambled everything away on baseball, she's not enjoyed the sport. But when she's given the task of cleaning up the image of the well known bad boys on the New Jersey Sonics, she knows she's got her work cut out for her. But what she doesn't expect is to find that maybe the sport isn't too bad at all...or at least one man. But when the job gives her more difficulties than she expected and everything seems to fall down around her can she find enough inner strength to ride it out or will her reputation be in shambles? Find the official description on Goodreads.

The writing in Too Hot to Handle was well done, no obvious spelling or grammar errors and it wasn't hard to start getting into the story quickly especially with some of the laughs that you can have at character's expense(Does that make me a bad person, I wonder?). The writing was easy to follow and at no point did I ever feel I was getting confused or lost or anything like that.

The plot was a little bit predictable. When I heard about something I knew it would come around to bite him in the butt I just didn't know how it would. But the characters and their experiences made the book worthwhile to read. Especially with some of the boys and how...childlike? For lack of a polite word to describe them. And it wasn't a good childlike, it was a terrible manchild child. Let's leave it at that. But they were inventive. 

Too Hot to Handle was a good sports romance and I definitely enjoyed it. So if you like baseball romances than you can certainly check this one out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!