Thursday, February 26, 2015

Soulbound by Kristen Callihan

(Image found via Goodreads)

Adam needs his soul mate to end the curse he is under but Eliza is fearful of losing her freedom. So she escaped him, but she escaped to a world in which it's even worse than the fate she first escaped. Eliza and Adam must work together but will they be able to after their tumultuous first meeting. Find the official description on Goodreads.

Soulbound certainly starts out interesting. I don't think I quite expected anything like that. It took me by surprise but it was good. I was drawn in, and it kept things interesting throughout the novel. Especially with Adam and Eliza's rocky relationship.

Soulbound wasn't in the usual time period that I usually would be reading. But it wasn't too bad actually. Maybe I should branch out. It certainly wasn't boring. I did actually enjoy the story and time period as well.

The characters and plot were definitely what kept me reading. Eliza was not what I expected of a female at that time. She was feisty and stood up to Adam. Adam drove me crazy throughout the book and I definitely felt the need to growl and curse him more than several times but as you get farther and farther in then you realize that he's not too bad actually. 

There were certainly several disturbing characters and that also helped the story along and definitely made things intriguing. 

Overall Soulbound was a good book that I enjoyed but didn't fall in love with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!