Saturday, February 28, 2015

To the Swift by Missy Michaels

(Image found via Goodreads)

Monica grew up in a privileged but loving home. She's in love with her husband even though they have their ups and downs. She's got three children with him and she couldn't imagine life any different. But things change as strange incidents start happening. Find the official description on Goodreads.

While To The Swift was a good book with perspectives from multiple characters and great writing, it just didn't draw me in. I'm not sure if it was just not my thing or what but I just couldn't find myself diving into it as I do with some books. But don't let that discourage you, it's just likely that it's not my book.

The characters seemed typical of everything and Missy Michaels takes her time building them up in your mind and giving you a glimpse of normal before diving into the strange occurrences. Which was good and unique. 

The characters were dealing with ordinary problems for the first little bit and that was good to see. 

Overall, To the Swift was a good book that just wasn't my cup of tea and it didn't grab my attention for that reason. There is a bit of an abrupt ending just as a warning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!