Thursday, March 12, 2015

A Kiss From Moët by Lorain O'Neil

(Image found on Goodreads)

Moët is a Lecora, cursed by the swamp. Any man who kisses her could potentially possess her and a lot of good luck. Moët doesn`t really believe the legends and when she`s in a plane crash, forced to do mouth to mouth to keep a man alive she thinks nothing of it. Until the swamp decides to have its say. Will Moët find her way to happiness or will it all go downhill? Find the official description on Goodreads.

Okay, first and foremost, A Kiss From Moët made me laugh my pants off. At times there would be something going on and you'd be thinking it's really not a good time to laugh but still, some of the words that were spoken or thought just needed to be laughed at. It was somewhat of a lighter romance that I really enjoyed. It was a nice break from some of the heartbreakers I've been reading recently. 

The legend was really interesting as well. I never really took the legend as real until we start getting some special perspectives. Believe me then you'll think twice. And I am going to say that the special perspective is very unique and I honestly didn't think that that would actually happen but it did.

The amount of double motives going on were so confusing. It seems that everyone had one motive that they were up front about and then they were hiding another behind their back. And these were slowly teased out. It did make things easier to keep the plots straight when done so but at the same time you can't help but wish you knew everyone's true motives.

Some of the characters took a bit of warming up to enjoy but after a while you start seeing the good behind what you think of the bad. 

Overall A Kiss From Moët was just the right break from real heartbreakers and I think that if you're searching for more of a comical romance than this is certainly a book to entertain you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!