Monday, March 16, 2015

Drops of Rain by Kathryn Andrews

(Image found via Goodreads)

After Ali's mother dies, her father moves them. And then disappears, hiding away at his work. Ali feels alone, and dancing is her refuge. Drew is counting down the days until he can drive far away from his home. But when he runs into the girl who will prove his biggest distraction, he might just find that maybe home isn't so bad. Find the official description on Goodreads.

I really liked the writing style and the character's voices in Drops of Rain. It was easy to sit down, promise I'd read only 50 pages or one chapter and before I knew it an hour or two had passed and I was farther than I had thought I would be. Drops of Rain drew me in quickly, making me interested and pulling me in with little problem.

The plot line was great! It was hard to read but at the same time, it was dealing with issues that are difficult to deal with and so it should be hard to read. Or at least during those parts. 

It was really easy to get attached to Ali and Drew. Both were just trying to find their way and discover who they were or find something better than what they had. It was a beautiful story and I think a lot of people can relate to the struggle of both at least partially. 

Drops of Rain was a painful, emotional read but it was well worth it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!