Thursday, March 26, 2015

Hidden Steel by Doranna Durgin

(Image found on Goodreads)

Mickey awakens in a room that she knows she doesn't belong in....even though her memory is missing. Due to a drug that was given to her, she finds herself having to figure things out as she goes along with the occasional memory making itself known. But when she finds Steve and then he turns around and finds her a couple of times, she finds herself drawn to the man but unable to do anything about it as the clock is ticking down and people are after her. Find the official description on Goodreads.

The writing of Hidden Steel was really good! I enjoyed it and it drew me into the book from the first page. It could also help that the suspense kept me wanting to know what was going to happen next. Especially because you were discovering things as you went along just as Mickey was. You didn't actually know more than her until you got to a chapter in which she wasn't the main character for that chapter. And then you knew at least a little more than her. It was a bit odd honestly but different and it certainly makes Hidden Steel stand out in my mind. 

The romance wasn't heavy in this book and that was obvious. There were sparks and occasional kisses but generally that was it. Which again was different at least for me. Generally I read a lot of Romantic Suspense and while I would loosely use that term to describe this book I would really prefer to use the label Suspense with just that touch of romance thrown in. The romance wasn't the main focus and yet there was still enough there for me to receive those happy romantic vibes.

I can't really judge the plot much as I've only really read a lot of Romantic Suspense. I'd say it doesn't stand out for the plot but it definitely isn't mainstream or overly used either. 

Hidden Steel  was a great read and I don't regret it for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!