Saturday, June 7, 2014

Fast Track by Julie Garwood

(Image found on Goodreads)
"Aiden smelled divine when he wrapped his arms around her, and she tried not to react."-Julie Garwood, Fast Track
WARNING: This book contains sexual content and is not for younger readers.

Cordelia is left alone to deal with a secret her father revealed on his deathbed. And she's finally decided to get over her crush on her best friend's brother who has been utterly clueless about it. But when danger becomes the norm in Cordelia's life will Aiden finally realize that she's the one for him? Read the official description on Goodreads.

Okay, so I am going to say that I have read Julie Garwood's books before. Only the Buchanon-Renard series really so when I found this book on NetGalley I couldn't resist! And I was lucky enough to be allowed to receive a copy! So yay! But I'm also familiar with the characters and whatnot so it made Fast Track feel familiar while at the same time being new and exciting if you can understand that. The characters in this book I've met before but they've usually been more so in the background than the forefront and you didn't really get an in-depth look at them. It was great to read Fast Track and get more in depth with them as characters, learning what makes them tick and how their minds work.

Not only was it great to see familiar characters, Julie Garwood has a nice flow and incorporates emotions into her characters. Readers can't help but fall in love as these two did, and they can't resist empathizing with Cordie and Aiden both. You'd think that the book would be full of action, adrenaline and sadness but Julie Garwood incorporated humour into Fast Track as well. 

If you haven't read any of the Buchanon-Renard series, the books can be read as standalones but it's always more interesting to read the series. I found I was able to connect more with the characters and found myself looking forward to interactions that Aiden and Cordie had with the other characters because I know them through previous books. 

Fast Track will be released July 29th, 2014 and I strongly suggest you give it a read!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!