Friday, August 22, 2014

Anna by Meghan Riley

(Image found on Goodreads)
"Sometimes I imagined leaving for a bigger city where there wasn’t such a strict social hierarchy or that stifling feeling of being trapped in a predetermined role, a place where I could reinvent myself and meet people with interests similar to my own." -Meghan Riley, Anna

Anna has a lot of choices to make. This is her senior year of high school and just like many of her peers she's trying to decide where to go to school, how to get there and much more. But unlike the rest of the students at her high school, Anna has much more to worry about. Spots on Anna's arms start causing problems in Anna's life and yet can she accept the explanation that comes with them? Or will she find herself lost forever. Find the official description on Goodreads.

Throughout Anna, it seems as if it's just a normal high school and Anna is a normal girl, except for a few odd incidents. I have to admit that I was looking for a bit more excitement. There was some but it seemed few and far between. I'm not saying the book wasn't good, just that at times it didn't capture my attention fully. 

The writing was really good, and strong, including descriptions. Meghan Riley has created an strong book, and if you have any interest in Astrology than it would most definitely be your type of book as Anna is very interested in Astrology.

Throughout Anna, it seemed that for every answer I got to a question, a hundred more questions popped up. Which was slightly frustrating to say the least but it also keeps readers reading, to find the answers to their questions.

Anna is the first in the Starseed Series, and was released on August 29th, 2013. 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good. I do run in the issue where more questions tend to pop up while I am reading. It can be frustrating at times, but I'm so nosey I tend to push through.


    Orsayor
    Book Referees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love getting new questions. But when they start piling up it starts getting to me, haha.

      Thanks for commenting,
      Aly

      Delete

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!