Friday, September 12, 2014

No Weddings by Kat Bastion and Stone Bastion

(Image found on Goodreads)
"Their world has never been the same." -Kat Bastion and Stone Bastion, No Weddings

Cade and his three sisters form an event-planning business. One major rule is brought into play; No mixing business with pleasure. But when Cade becomes point man in meeting with baker, Hannah, he finds that he will do anything to spend time with her. And girls no longer hold the same appeal. But Hannah's been burned before and she's leery of Cade, even as he tries to get beyond his own past. Can the two work things out? Find the official description on Goodreads.

I have to admit that I love Hannah's attitude and the fact that she can be icy but when she lets herself relax, she's very kindhearted and warm. Her attitude definitely added some spice and fun to the book and I enjoyed her character as a whole. 

Cade was the narrator of No Weddings and I found it a bit strange. Usually if the gentlemen are narrators it tends to be flipping between the main female character and the main male character so to have the narrator be Cade was unique and refreshing. It made No Weddings stand out in my mind.It was interesting to see how a male character works through things, not necessarily similarly to the females. 

Throughout the book, there kept being this mention of the Travesty and it roused my curiosity and definitely made things interesting, if they weren't already. But then when we find out the reasons behind both characters difficulties with relationships, it's easy to see they've had a difficult run of things. 

No Weddings is a unique and interesting read that will stand out in my mind. It was released September 8th, and I suggest you give it a chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!