Thursday, October 2, 2014

Alex by Sawyer Bennett

(Image found on Goodreads)
“I’m not sure why you were labeled the team prick. I’m just not seeing it.” -Sawyer Bennett, Alex


Alex isn't know for being the best person to his hockey fans.  But when the management forces him to work with Sutton on an outreach program for at-risk kids, he finds himself finding new things to appreciate about his sport and becoming a better person both on and off the ice. But when he starts having problems on the ice, he has to reevaluate his life. But will he make the right decision or will everything fall apart? Find the official description on Goodreads.


Both characters were definitely unique. But Alex was much more so. Many of the characters in any of the sports romance I have read enjoy their sports. But Alex isn't enjoying Hockey, mostly because of his father. I’ll leave that for you to find out more about. Plus he was a bit of a….well there are lots of words for him, so let’s just say he doesn't have a people personality. It definitely makes for an intriguing read. Sutton was a lot more happy and yet she could hold her own against Alex. It was fun to see their interactions and watch as they got under each others skin.


Sawyer Bennett also made me feel as if I was going to my first hockey game again when I experienced through Sutton’s point of view(although I wish one of the players would have done that to me. I would have fainted.) It was a marvelous feeling and one I was glad that Sawyer Bennett was able to capture so fully.


There were hockey scenes but they were fewer in number than the rest and while I wished we could have had more hockey I also enjoyed the moments that Alex did have. At many points, especially towards the end, I was sighing over everything. And I noticed that Garrett’s name also is the name of the next book so I was looking eagerly for scenes in which he participated and he definitely made me laugh.


Alex was a great read and I have a feeling that it’s just the beginning! Alex is due for release October 14th, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!