Thursday, February 5, 2015

September Sky by John A. Heldt

(Image found on Goodreads)

A recently unemployed reporter and his son go on a cruise to try to figure out what to do now. But what they don't expect is to attend a lecture on time travel and then later be contacted by the lecturer. But when they're offered the chance to travel back to the turn of the century, it takes only a few days to decide to take that chance. But fates might be changed and lives lost. Find the official description on Goodreads.

This book was similar and yet different from the Northwest Passage series. And that was good, but at the same time I didn't get as much enjoyment from the book as I did the Northwest Passage books. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the books and I still found myself reading like a mad person to find out what happens. It just wasn't as much my style as the Northwest Passage series.

John A. Heldt still creates characters that are interesting, and draw the readers in, pushing them farther and farther into an emotional tie with each one.

One of the largest differences was that the rules of time travel were clearly laid out at the beginning and that certainly made things a little bit different.

Overall, September Sky was a good book and John A. Heldt is starting a series that might have people falling in love with it as much as the Northwest Passage series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!