Thursday, February 12, 2015

What the Heart Takes by Kelli McCracken

(Image found via Goodreads)

Dylan and Heaven are expecting. But they can't enjoy it as Dylan's father still threatens Heaven. And Dylan is finding that his relationship with Layne, his best friend seems to be stressed to the point of breaking. Can he keep Heaven safe, while allowing Layne to be as close to Heaven as a Keeper should be? Find the official description on Goodreads.

The plot line for What the Heart Takes continues the series and there's never a dull moment. What with Dylan and Layne struggling with their feelings, secrets coming to life, Heaven trying to deal with everything that's going on and the ongoing threat to Heaven's life, the book just seems to fly by! 

As I've always said I enjoy the soul mate connection between Dylan and Heaven but I also heard about Heaven and Layne's developing relationship and I don't know what to think. It's a complicated book emotion wise.

There were certainly several secrets that I did not expect, and the surprises just seem to keep on coming. That cliffhanger ending also increased my desire to read the next book.

What the Heart Takes continues the Soul Mates series marvelously, continuing with the good writing style that Kelli McCracken is maintaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!