Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Definition of Icing by Aven Ellis!

(Image found on Goodreads)

Kenley is finally on the road to her dream. She's recently opened her own business, Confection Consultants. She decides to focus on work, ignoring men. That is until Dallas Demons hockey player, Nate comes along and helps her out of a frustrating situation. But Nate has had his heart broken and isn't sure he's ready for a relationship. Will Kenley and Nate overcome their hang-ups together? Find the official description on Goodreads.


Aven definitely tackles the stereotype issue in this book. Kenley is a beautiful and the way she looks affects the way she tends to be viewed. I really enjoy how Aven brought up and dealt with this issue. It was marvelous to watch how the situation was dealt with and that Kenley was willing to throw away an amazing opportunity because of it.

Kylie and Harrison make an appearance, and I loved the update on their life together!

I also laughed my butt off at certain scenes. This book is light and happy for the most part with occasional angst thrown in.

It didn't take me long to finish this book! I couldn't and didn't put it down except for food, and drink breaks as well as some cat interruptions.

Aven Ellis creates characters that you quickly fall in love with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!