Monday, July 6, 2015

Even Angels Fall by F.L. Darbyshire

(Image found on Goodreads)

After suffering a very difficult loss, Abbey and her family move to Leeds. Isolated from her family, she finds herself making friends with Lucy, Nathan and Liam, who introduce her to their little family. But can everything she dreamed for not have a heavy price? Find the official description on Goodreads.

While I wasn't a huge fan of the first person perspective(I very rarely am), I did enjoy the writing of F.L. Darbyshire. With this plot and the characters she created, she created a very real world situation that could happen to anyone.

Speaking of the plot, I will warn you that you will need Kleenex handy to catch your falling tears. It was that kind of real life story. And the way F.L. Darbyshire formats that ending, wow, definitely makes it the tears even worse.

There were a few sudden shifts in perspective that made me have to go back and reread the last few sentences but I also figured it out pretty quickly.

Watching Abby going downhill was like watching one of your best friends going through the same thing, that's how close you get to her.

Even Angels Fall is a gritty story that could happen in real life. It was a beautiful if painful read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!