Saturday, August 15, 2015

Home Ice by Catherine Gayle!

(Image found on Goodreads)

Mattias Bergstrom never lets the Portland Storm players see his soft side. Only his sister who has Down Syndrome is allowed that pleasure. But when a young girl with Down Syndrome throws herself at one of his defense men, his heart melts and he finds himself falling in love with not only the little girl but her mother. Find the official description on Goodreads


Catherine Gayle always creates hockey romances that make me fall in love with each character. And this is no different. It was certainly a different experience though to get the perspective of the Coach, as that isn't frequently a thing that happens when it comes to hockey romances.

Another thing I like about Catherine Gayle's books is that each book has one thing that sets it apart as different, whether this be dealing with the aftereffects of rape or having a child with Down Syndrome. But these things that each female protagonist face set these books apart and again, Home Ice is no different in this respect.

The writing style as well as the characters are well thought out and enjoyable. I don't think there's ever been a Portland Storm character I've hated, just ones that slightly annoyed me before I was able to get to know them better.

If you're looking for something to get you through until Hockey Season comes then definitely give Catherine Gayle's Portland Storm series a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!