Saturday, August 15, 2015

Witch Rising by Benjamin Ford

(Image found on Amazon)

Matt's real identity is Hades and he and his brothers have been guarding the human world for a very long time. But Matt now must stand alone in order to save someone he's come to care for. But to do so he must confront his past. Find the official description on Amazon.

I must admit that I am a huge fan of Greek Mythology. In fact, I've taken two courses focused on Greek and Roman mythology because of this. And that's what first drew me to this book when it was sent to be reviewed. And I was not disappointed.

The writing style was unique and interesting. It really drew me into the book and made me feel as if I was a part of it, if only an invisible watcher.

It was certainly interesting to see the portrayal of the three brothers whose relationships aren't exactly the most stable of things for the most part. Hades and Poseidon certainly seems much nicer than the usual portrayals of both. Although Zeus almost seems worst than his usual portrayals.

At first there doesn't seem to be much of a plot and it's like you're just getting information on characters and their lives but then the plot does start to emerge slowly.

There were some errors in grammar and punctuation I do believe. But it didn't affect my enjoyment of the story much.

There was a cliffhanger so if you don't like cliffhangers than you might want to wait to read this book but I do recommend it to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you have to say and I'll try to reply to every comment!